ABOUT USTHE LAW OFFICE OF ANDREW W. STUART, II FOCUSES ON CRIMINAL DEFENSE, INSURANCE COVERAGE LITIGATION, INJURY CASES, INCLUDING CAR AND MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS, PREMISES LIABILITY AND 18 WHEELER CRASHES.
ANDREW W. STUART, II
Mr. Stuart is an experienced trial attorney, and has litigated cases in both state and federal courts throughout Mississippi and Alabama. In 2017, he was selected as 2017 Daily Journal Reader’s Choice Attorney. Andrew has tried hundreds of cases, from capital murder to DUI, to municipal ordinance violations. Andrew is married to wife, Katie, and they have two boys. They are members of St. Luke United Methodist Church, in Tupelo.
Andrew is a member of the prestigious National College for DUI Defense. He regularly attends its annual DUI defense, continuing legal education course, held each summer on the campus Harvard Law School, in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Mr. Stuart has also attended the Clarence Darrow Death Penalty Defense College at DePaul University, College of Law.
Since 2013, Mr. Stuart has been legal counsel for the City of Guntown, Mississippi Board of Aldermen. He also serves as the City of Guntown, municipal prosecutor. He has additionally served as City of Tupelo Municipal Judge, pro tem.
Selected as 2017 Daily Journal Reader’s Choice Attorney. Andrew has tried hundreds of cases, from capital murder to DUI, to municipal ordinance violations.
- Alabama, 2006
- Mississippi, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2006
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 2006
- Faulkner University, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law
- Juris Doctor, May 2006, Honors: Student Bar Association
- University of Mississippi, May 2002, BA, Honors: Cum Laude, Major: Criminal Justice
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2017 Daily Journal, Reader’s Choice Attorney
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mississippi Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Lee County, Mississippi Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Lee County, Mississippi Young Lawyers, 2008 – 2015
- Mississippi Prosecutor’s Association, 2013 – Present
- Alabama Bar Association, 2006 – Present
- National College for DUI Defense, 2010 – Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 013 – Present
- Mississippi Municipal League 2013 – Present
- Montgomery County, Alabama Bar Association, 2006 – 2008
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- CRIMINAL DEFENSE
- INSURANCE COVERAGE
- MOTOR VEHICLE CRASHES
- INJURY CASES
- GENERAL LITIGATION
- MUNICIPAL LAW
- WRONGFUL DEATH
- PREMISES LIABILITY